This Institution believes that Post Basic B.sc Nursing program will impact nursing knowledge and practical training to enhance the Nursing profession in developing competencies and skills to meet the ever demanding advancement in medical sciences in the care of the individual in illness and in health.
This Institution also believes that our graduate nurses will be productive citizen and be able to provide quality nursing care locally and globally.
Woodland Institute of Nursing is committed to provide quality programme in nursing education, research and service that anticipate and respond to the continuing evolution of the health care industry
On completion of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing degree programme the graduates will be able to:
- Access health status, identify nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patient /clients that contribute to health of individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical biological and behavioral sciences.
- Participate as members of health team in the promotive, preventive, curative and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision - making abilities in various situations.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in community health settings.
- Demonstrate managerial skills in community health settings
- Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Conduct need based research studies in various setting and utilized research findings to improve quality care and contribute towards advancement of self and the profession.
- To makes them aware of professional nursing association and for uprising personal development.
“To establish as a center of excellence for nursing education, nursing service, research and administration at the State and National level through quality approach and professional development and research. ”
Woodland Institute of Nursing strives to provide the best education that combines continuous quality improvement, as well as to create individual who is professionally capable of driving values.
Course Offered & Duration
The Institute offers Post Basic B.Sc Nursing of 2 (two) years course with an intakes of thirty (30) candidates annually in the Month of June.
Male candidates are also eligible for the course.
Eligibility For Admission:
To be eligible for admission to this course, a candidate shall have:
- Passed the higher secondary or senior secondary or intermediate or 10 + 2 or an equivalent examination organized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General nursing and midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M with the State Nurses Registration Council.