How to Apply
- Standard application form will be issued by the Institution on payment of Rs 400/- only in cash or Rs 450/-only by D.D. in favors of Woodland Institute of Nursing (WIN) payable at Shillong.
- . The application form duly filled up by the student’s own handwriting and all important documents should be submitted to the Institute.
Requirements For Admission
- Three recent passport size photo of the candidate duly attested by Gazette officer
- Age proof -
- (a) Birth certificate from the competent authority.
- (b) 10+2 Admit card or its equivalent document.
- Attest copies of mark sheets of class-X and class XII
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- In case of ST/SC/OBC, the respective certificate issued from the competent authority.
- Two self-address of Rs.5 postal stump envelops.
- One recommendation letters from Parents/ Guardian who is going to vouch for candidate.
- Certificate of recommendation from Senior citizen/official.
Method Of Selection
- Candidates whose application is found to be complete will have to undergo screening. Date for screening and personal interview will be displayed on the notice board.
- A merit list will be displayed on the notice board.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo medical check-up. All expenses involve in medical check – up will be borne by the candidates
- The first 40 candidates from list will be selected for admission if found medically fit.
- There will be 20 candidates for the waiting list.
- In case of any drop out, waiting list candidates will be intimated and to join within 2 weeks.
- If any selected candidates drop out, they have to give in writing
All documents enclosed in the application form must be produced in original at the time of interview.
Frequently asked question
- The qualified nursing, medical and non-medical faculty of the College of Nursing provides high quality programme of study. Method of instruction includes formal lectures, group discussions, laboratory sessions, field work and planned clinical experience, under faculty guidance. Provision is also made for individual guidance and various clinical experiences.
- A candidate must have minimum of 80% attendance (irrespective of the kind of absence) in theory in each subject for appearing for examination
- A candidate must have 100% attendance in each of the practical areas before the award of degree.
- Candidates marks sheet and degree certificate, course completion certificate to be withheld until requirements are met for such candidates.
Educational trips will be arranged during the course in various Health Institute and Centers inside and outside the State of Meghalaya. Students will have to bear the full expehsift conveyance may be available for short distances. Picnics are arranged for the students every year.
There are facilities for indoor games in hostel such as table tennis, carom, chess etc. there is a playground for basketball badminton etc. Students are encouraged to participate in inter¬college competitions. Student Nurses Association (SNA) conduct Co-curricular activities like academic seminars, symposium, interactive session and other event are organized from time to time to prepare students to be highly competent and confident nurses, representing SNA Meghalaya to SNA Conferences in other States.
Students shall be entitled for medical facilities on subsidized rates. Students will have to stay in the sick room with due permission from the competent authority. One room allotted entirely as student sick room.
Computer laboratory with internet facilities, Audio-Visual Aids laboratory with LCD projector.
Students Practical experience will be in all the Government and Private Hospitals in Shillong. The Hospitals are as follows:-
- 1. Woodland Hospital, Shillong
- 2. NEIGRIHMS, Shillong
- 3. Civil Hospital, Shillong
- 4. Ganesh Das Hospital, Shillong
- 5. San-ker Hospital, Shillong
- 6. Nazareth Hospital, Shillong
Students are entitled annually to the following leave, which will be decided by the institute management
- Vacation - 2 weeks in Summer after the University Examination and 4 weeks in Winter
- Sick leave -10 days Sick Leave
NOTE: Rules are subjects to addition & alteration
|First year||Second year||Fourth year||Fifth year||Internship|
|Nursing Foundation||Medical Surgical Nursing-1||Medical Surgical Nursing-11||Midwifery & Obstetrical||Clinical Practice|
|Anatomy & Physiology||Community Health Nursing-1||Quid Health Nursing||Community Health Nursing-ll|
|Nutrition & Biochemistry||Pharmacology, Pathology & Genetics.||Mental health Nursing||Nursing Research &Statistics|
|Microbiology||Sociology||Midwifery & Obstetrical Nursing||Management of Nursing Service & Education|
|Psychology||Communication &Educational Technology|
Directed by the Honb'le Supreme court of India & as perthe guidelines of Indian Nursing Council & UGC, an Anti-Ragging Committee of Woodland Institute of Nursing has been constituted with the following office bearer under the Chairmanship of Dr. W. Kharshiing, Managing Director, Woodland Institute of Nursing, Member Secretary and Convenor, Professor-cum-Principal, Woodland Institute of Nursing.
- Nursing Superintendent, Woodland Hospital
- Representative from Society
- Legal Advisor
- Representative from the University
The decision of the Anti-Ragging Committee of Woodland Institute of Nursing shall be binding and final.
During the course of study:
- 1. In the hospital, the students will be exposed to various clinical areas of experiences underthe supervision of Tutors, clinical, Instructor/Ward Sister.
- 2. Besides Clinical experience in Hospital, all the students will be exposed to the Urban & Rural Health Centers for community experiences underthe supervision of Tutors.
- 3. Students should have attendance of minimum 80%theory & 100% practical to be allowed for examination.
- 4. Only those students who passed the selection examination of the college will be allowed to sit forthe University Examination.
- 5. If student fails in either theory or practical paper he /she have to reappear for both (theory and practical) for the failed paper.
- 6. All assignments & practical records must be completed & signed before the selection examination.
- 7. Students shall not be admitted to the subsequent higher examination unless the candidates have passed the previous examination.
- 8. Degree will be awarded by the University on competition of the course successfully.
- 9. Once fees paid cannot be refunded.
- 10. If the student discontinues the course due to any reason, the total fees for that particular academic year have to be paid.